Monday, September 10, 2007

33 weeks!

No big baby news this week, except that I'm getting bigger each day. I thought we would have our c-section scheduled by now, but it looks like it might have to wait until next week or later. We will at least know by the beginning of October.

Here's a funny story for you though. Last week (on Thursday), we bought a fish for Zach, which he named Max. He got the fish for being potty trained, finally! He loves Max very much and even likes to give Max hugs and play with him. (He doesn't play back well for those who might be wondering).

This morning we discovered that Max was "sleeping" longer than normal. Zach thinks he hit his head on the gravel and had a head injury. We let Max "sleep" for the afternoon and Zach even tried to play postman with Max and feed him during his long "sleep." After I couldn't take it any more, we took Max to the "fish doctor", otherwise known as Petco. I asked a friend to watch Zach while I switched out our new animal for a more lively one. I brought it home, put him in the tank and then went back to pick up Zach. Zach didn't notice a difference, just a happy fish again. (Whew!) I had a whole plan underway in case I couldn't get a fish the same color. I was going to tell Zach that Max had a shot and it changed the color of his skin. Thankfully, he didn't notice though!

So, Max the 2nd is happy and healthy (I hope) and Zach thinks all is well.

For those of you who follow Monty Python, I felt like I was living the Dead Parrot sketch.

A picture of Max the wonder fish will follow in a few days, along with first day of preschool pictures (tomorrow is our first big day). He started Sunday School yesterday, and tomorrow is Preschool. He's such a big boy!

No comments: