Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Yellow jackets - so far so good.

Okay, so we did not go to the ER tonight. Jon elminated (from what we can tell) our not-so-little yellow jacket nest. Which I have to admit, are pretty cool. For such a small creature to create something so intense. I'm just amazed by it.

I had tried to convince Jon that we should call an exterminator. I just finished reading "Snow Flower and the Secret Fan," and I think that I am extra paranoid of bee stings, because someone in the book dies from one. So, of course, I'm tyring to find everyone I can to be on my side so we can call the Orkin Man. My husband, trying to be frugal, says he can do it. So, with two huge foam sprays, my husband successfully eliminates them at 10 PM tonight. And of course, I am telling him to "Run Like Hell" as soon as he's done. He comes back in telling me that he just walked away and all the yellow jackets fell to the ground. He's proud of himself. I'm glad I can walk out my basement again.

However, nothing in our house is easy, because that would be just boring. So, I think it would be cool for Jon to take a picture of this thing before we destroy it, but we couldn't find our camera. I have a sinking feeling that it might be on the ground at the ice cream place we went to Friday night with some friends. So, until we locate the camera, then there are no photos. Sorry!

Thanks to everyone who wished us well in our elimination efforts today. I enjoyed reading your comments!! I think someone was on our side. I'm glad, because everything else has gone wrong. Our dryer is on the brink and we have two loads of wet laundry. Doesn't life get better after a period of bad luck???

**An addendum to the ER post. I'm ashamed to admit this, but here it goes. I have become a bit neurotic in the past few weeks. I'm a bit on stress overload from VBS and life. Apparently last night, I was so frantic about getting Ryan to the hospital that I had lost my mind. We woke Zach up and his PJ's didn't match. I mean, really didn't match, which is a pet peeve of mine for some reason. Only in kids clothes though! Weird, huh? So, I searched throught he clean laundry to find Zach matching PJ's before we went to the ER. Never mind that Ryan was gasping for air. Apprently Zach needed to match. I apprently need to get a grip and sleep. When I realized what i had done in the ER after I had composed myself, I was so embarrased. why would I worry about this??? I think I subconciously knew he would be fine, but knew we needed to get him special care. From now on, I promise that if my kids don't match...it's perfectly fine. They're kids! Or, I'll just make sure they match before bed!! It's okay to be neurotic about it then!!**

No comments: