Saturday, October 11, 2008

7 Random Things

I got tagged by my friend Jamie (aka Dubya) to post 7 random traits of mine. I am supposed to tag 7 more friends, but I don't have many blog friends. So, I am challenging everyone who reads them to post 7 random traits about themselves in the comment section of this post. Since our post is about the family, I'll post traits for both Jon and myself.

Jamie:
1. I hate to clean the house and definitely don't like to do dishes, but really who does? I think we need a maid...but can't justify it! The maid is currently typing!

2. I love to hear the boys laugh. It's my favorite sound ever. I just want to bottle their laughter, because it is so pure. I hate knowing someday these boys will have to grow up and learn harshness and cruelty.

3. I am super-excited to have sold my first order with Tastefully Simple. I am hoping this business really takes off and pays for the monthly preschool tuition.

4. I am beginning to hate politics, even though I have my background in political science.

5. I have trouble concentrating on watching television since the boys were born. And reading for that matter. I used to have excellent concentration...where did it go??

6. I like to plan trips and vacations. We may never take them, but I love to plan trips. I really feel like the four of us need to get away and escape from life, if even for a short weekend. I think it would be rejuevanating!

7. I normally don't have time to respond to postings like this, and normally just erase them, but this sounded like fun. I always feel bad spending time like this on the computer when I know there are other things I should be doing.

Jon:

1. I like to play video games, but never have enough time too, especially with the boys around.

2. I think I am a night owl, but get up too early to be a night owl. I need more sleep. I wasn't a night owl, until Jamie came along. Gee thanks!

3. I like to watch really nerdy science fiction shows, but don't as much any more. But, have lately been able to watch Chuck, The Fringe and Knight Rider. Yay Me!

4. I only seem to read science fiction others who last name start with A or B. Tried to branch out to R, but it was too much of a stretch.

5. I daydream about being nominated to lead the FAA or NASA by one of my friends. Come on Max...step it up. You've got our vote!

6. Thought I wanted to live in an area with the four season...but winter sucks and its too expensive to move back to California. So, I shovel snow.

7. I always want to follow the baseball season, but never follow it as closely as I would like to.

Zach (from our viewpoint)

1. How can a kid who is 4 1/2 be so stubborn.

2. Zach wants to be an astronaut when he grows up (or an construction worker...depends on the day or even the hour).

3. Zach really likes to play with girls. He's quite the little ladies man of preschool.

4. Zach's best friend is Grace. They have known each other since they were 5 months old. It is so sweet. They truely act like long-lost siblings.

5. Zach's favorite food is pizza. He could eat it all the time. Or PB&J. Today he likes Grape jelly. This too also changes with the day.

6. Zach negotiates EVERYTHING!!!! It's truely exhausting.

7. Zach falls out of bed almost every night. We hear a THUD from the living room and watch Lady run upstairs. Its become quite humorous. What's wrong with us?? His bed is low enough to the ground that he never gets hurt. He just gets up and gets back in bed. We really need to get him a queen-sized bed!

Ryan (from our view point)

1. He has blue eyes and Zach has brown, but that is really the only difference.

2. He is the hardest person to get dressed. Changing his diaper has become next to impossible. I wish for one day where he would stay still.

3. We think he will be our trouble maker. He is into everything and knows he shouldn't be. He gives you the biggest grin when he goes for something he shouldn't. Little stinker.

4. Ryan has the best baby laugh, but we're biased.

5. Ryan will eat everything and on most days, it seems like he eats more than Zach.

6. Ryan loves sharks and other fish. Really, he does. We put our Nemo DVD on the other day on the virtual aquarium and it was a good half-hour of entertainment for him.

7. Ryan's favorite food is Ice Cream. He will drop all and crawl to you if he sees a bowl of it. I think he has a 6th sense for Ice Cream. Yum, he says!!

There you go, 7 things about each of us. More than you ever wanted to know. Be sure to include 7 things about yourself and family if you wish in the comment section or your blog. Tag us back, we'd love to read it!

No comments: