Last weekend, the King of Prussia Mall (which is insanely huge), opened a Lego Store. Zach loves Legos. They are his favorite toy, hands down. He loves to build and create. When I heard they are having the community build an 8 ft. Yoda to celebrate the opening, I had to take him up.
So, Sunday morning after church, we all pile in the car and go for a ride. King of Prussia (that is the actual name of a city...wouldn't find that in Southern Illinois), is about 15 minutes north of where we live. I leave thinking that not many people would be there on a Sunday morning! WRONG!!!!!!!!!! I think the entire eastern part of PA was there.
We go in to build the Yoda, which was separate from the store. I saw a line in the store, but didn't think much of it...more on that in a few paragraphs. Zach gets a certificate for building it and is happy as can be.
We are finished with the Yoda and go to get in line to the store. He doesn't want to buy anything, but just wants to look around to get ideas to tell Santa. Very sweet. We walk and walk and walk to the back of the line. 6 store fronts later, we find the end of the line. I think we might be okay, so we get in line to wait. What I didn't realize was that the line was and hour long! Yes ONE HOUR! I try to tell Zach to go to another store and we can come back to the Lego Store next weekend, but he had his mind set and wansn't going to budge. I try to bribe him into going to the Disney Store, Build-a-Bear, Auntie Anne's Pretzels...all his favorites, but to no avail. He had his heart set on it.
"Mom...I don't want to buy anything...I just want to look. PLEASE!!!!!!!" How can you say no to that?
So, We stood in line and tried to keep it exciting as possible. Ryan was with us the entire time and didn't make a peep. We have such a good baby boy!
We get into the store and his eyes pop out of his head. He couldn't believe all those legos could be in one place. He has a long list for Santa now. Of course, I wasn't going to wait in line for an hour and have nothing to show for it. We let Zach get a fill your own container of legos from the part wall. He thought that was fun.
We go to pay for the legos...there is anothe LONG line. We all stand in line and Zach says he has to go potty. Jon takes the boys out and leaves me in the line, which takes forever. 30 minutes later, I check out. I was also able to get a few gifts for Christmas while the boys were out too. So, it wasn't a wasted trip. Three gifts down for Christmas!
Needless to say, we do not plan on going back there before the holiday season is over. I can't stand in line for another hour, plus. I am actually thinking of doing our shopping online! Something to be said for shopping on your own whims in the quiet of your house! But, Zach had a great time and he will remember it for quite a while. The things we do for our kids!
Friday, October 10, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment