Today Zach built a gingerbread house in his enrichment class at preschool. Enrichment is a special class once a week. They do fun things, such as science (Zach's favorite...you should hear him say Science with the gusto he does) and other fun activities. Today parents were invited to do the gingerbread house and it was so sweet!
Let me just start by saying: I LOVE ZACH! He makes me laugh so much. The things that he thinks up! I just love him!!! I love the age he is at. He has such a great sense of humor. And the world's BEST laugh. I need to tape him laughing so I can hear it the same way 20 years from now (or as a good reminder how sweet he was at 4 1/2, when he's 17 and has a billion dates and could care less about hugging his mom. The joy of boys!)
Our gingerbread house is very green. Zach decided to put square pretzels on top to make solar panels so the teddy graham bears could have power. I kid you not, that was his exact rational.
Our teddy bears are also ice skating in the pond, even though it looks like they are sinking in blue quick sand.
Our one roof is white with marshmellows, because the whole house should be white with snow. I was able to back him down to 1/2 the roof and a few spots around the house.
And because we just had snow two days ago and we had to salt our steps, Zach crumbled up graham crackers to make salt so the teddy grahams would not slip on their way to ice skate on the pond.
The whole reason I am posting about the gingerbread house is because I am amazed at what he picks up on at 4 1/2. Seriously, solar panels?? Granted, Jon and I are thrilled that he's a greeny like us, but at 4 1/2 that was too funny!
Plus, Jon is in California for the next few days, so this is a good way for Daddy to see Zach's handywork! :)
We should be seeing the big jolly red guy in a few days. I'll post some photos of the boys for you all to enjoy! :)
Tuesday, December 9, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
Aww!! I love it!
Zach is so smart!
I can't wait until Bo is old enough for stuff like this!
Post a Comment