Thursday, May 21, 2009

Happy 5th Birthday Zach!

Zach just turned 5!! Can you believe it? 5!! We are still in shock in our house. Where did 5 years go?

Five is such a monumental birthday in my opinion. You're a big kid now!! We had a birthday party with his friends from school on May 3rd. It was a Monkey theme. Then, on his actual birthday, May 9th, we took him to Sesame Place with some close friends. We thought this might be the last year where Sesame Place holds his attention. We had lunch with Big Bird and friends and apparently Bryan Dawkins. He was a football player for the Eagles and got traded. Don't ask me where to, because I have no idea!! Dawkins is behind Zach in all the photos from the lunch, since their table was right behind ours. I just find it funny!

Jack Hanna was at Sesame Place at we were able to meet him and get his autograph. I think that might have been the highlight of the day for all of us. Zach now wants to be a zookeeper! :) An excellent profession for him!

On Monday the 11th, he had his special party at school. It was so sweet and the teachers do such a great job with them!

For Zach's birthday, he wanted Star Trek playsets and action figures! Does anyone else enjoy the humor of a 5 year old going to Sesame Place and then wanting Star Trek? Seems like different ends of the spectrum, but that's my son. I think it goes along with being a five-year-old boy.

Enjoy the photos and sorry they are not in order. After I uploaded them, they were all scattered about. I can't figure out how to fix it, so its staying this way until I can get it fixed! If anyone knows how...email me!


Zach at his school in front of his favorites board!
Happy Birthday Zach!

With Grover, our favorite!

On Sesame Street! It's Oscar's Trash Can!

At the Jack Hanna show. This is Hootie the Owl.

On the Carousel. Ryan was ready to "Get Up!!"
He wanted off the horse, but can't say down...just up!

Bert and Ernie sang Happy Birthday to him.

Big Bird made us all feel short! :)
Not that its hard for some of us!

I just thought this was a cool photo.
I like the boys looking over Cookie's hands.

Another awesome photo.
I like that Jack is running through the handprints
and Zach is trying to stop to show him. You can see
Zach's finger pointing down.
Zach and his Star Trek loot!
Oscar was a big hit for Zach, Ryan and all their friends.
Oscar was throwing trash out of his can at the kids.
It was so funny!!
Happy Birthday at the house!

The attempt at a Banana Cake.
The kids really liked the banana cake.
It wasn't banana flavored, although I think
the kids thought it was.
Zach's Monkey Cake turned out much better!
I think this is my favorite cake I have made so far.

2 comments:

Jamie said...

It looks like you guys definitely celebrated well!! I will definitely have to find a time to go to Sesame Place at some point in my future -- it looks like a lot of fun!! Your cakes turned out great too!

Eric said...

I know that the banana cake didn't taste like banana, but did the monkey cake taste like monkey? :)