Ryan said his first word today. During my shower this morning, I put Ryan in his Bouncy Seat and had my few quiet moments during the day. When I came out he was upset with me, because I was not spending all of my time with him. (We've began to enter the separation anxiety stage.) He was so upset and during his loud voicing of this I hear him say (in the whine of a 5 month old) "Ma...mama...Maaa" I'm counting it!! When I came back over to him, he stopped.
It's fitting that Ryan said Mom first, since Zach also said Mom first.
I joked with Jon today that when Ryan says "Dad" for the first time it will be in a cheerful voice. Go figure, right?
Ryan has definitely developed a great personality, too. He laughs and laughs whenever you come up to him. He has also started to manipulate us a bit. He will fake cough to get our attention and then laugh when we walk over to him finally. I love this stage. It's great fun! Zach can get him to laugh at anytime! It's wonderful!
Last Thursday, Zach got the class mascot again. Meet Sunburst, the pink crab! He's very loved by all the children in Zach's class. Sunburst had a busy weekend. He went out to eat with us on Friday to On the Border (a very yummy Mexican place), went to a birthday party on Saturday, went to church on Sunday and visited Zach's Sunday School class and colored with Zach this evening. We take Sunburst back tomorrow morning and it will be a very sad morning for Zach. We thought we would share some Sunburst photos with all of you.
Monday, March 31, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment