After our day at Ocean City, we decided to drive north to Atlantic City for dinner that evening. It was about a 15 minute drive. Not bad at all! I still get in awe of Atlantic City. Must be the midwestener in me. The hotels are huge and extravagant and lit-up with millions of lights. It really is a mini-Las Vegas, which I'm sure is their point. AC has really cleaned up their act too. We went about 4 years ago, when Zach was a baby. We didn't know of other beaches and figured AC was a safe bet. Not so much. It was very shady! Its completely different now and we didn't mind having our children on the boardwalk this time. It's actually very swanky now.
We had dinner at the Rainforest Cafe, then went to Trump Plaza for about 45 minutes. Jon stayed down with the boys at the Starbucks and Grant and I went upstairs to the slot machines. (They no longer take quarters, so you don't hear the sounds of the clinking anymore. That was the best part for me.) I won back what I put in, so it was good trip. Jon and I don't gamble. The last time we did was after we were married and we drove to California. One of our stays was in Nevada and we won our hotel room that night. :)
Part of the fun of Atlantic City for us is the boardwalk. We like to take pictures of the markers of the streets and boardwalk. We found Park Place and Boardwalk this night. We like monopoly, what can we say??
Saturday, September 13, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment