Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Ryan tries solid food

Not too sure yet...
I could get used to this...
Mom, you missed my mouth
Hey, you left food on the bib!
I'll get it!!When do I get to eat next!
Ryan had his first foods tonight. We did 2 ounces of formula with rice cereal. We weren't quite sure what he was going to think. He was a bit too hungry when we started to feed him, so we thought he might just be fussy the whole time. We were somewhat right, but not for the reasons we thought. We started to feed him and he started tasting it. He moved it all around and sucked on the spoon. Then when he realized we had more, then he started to figure it out. Swallow, get more. He did this a few times and then we stopped to get some photos of the event. He didn't like the lag time and cried until we fed him again. Shovel it in, Mom! We kept feeding him and as the spoon got closer to his mouth, he would get so excited and start to shake his hands. Zach used to do that and it's just hilarious to watch. He started to blow bubbles as we fed him too. That got a bit messy, but very sweet.
He was sad when it was all done and actually ate the whole bowl. We were both shocked. It just goes to show you, we have hungry boys who like to eat and are very impatient if we take too much time inbetween feedings.
Now he's sleeping and it's 11:30 PM. I'm wondering if he'll wake up to eat again. I really don't want another 4:30 AM wakeup call like this morning. Maybe we'll nudge him awake in a few minutes. It's a whole new world when babies start to eat solid food. They sleep so much better (and longer)!

No comments: